How To Get Rid Of Locky Virus (Ransomware)
This page will throw some insights about Locky Virus Ransomware. Locky Virus is ransomware distributed via malicious .doc files attached to spam email messages. The removal instructions mentioned in the blog works well for all the versions of the windows. To restore the ‘locky datei’, you should restore your system to an earlier date before the system was infected by the ransomware. But restoring your system isn’t an easy process. The virus will try its best to hinder the restoration process. Locky Virus changes all file names to a unique 16-letter and digit combination with a .locky, .zepto or .odin file extension. Thus, it becomes virtually impossible to identify the original files. All are encrypted using the RSA-2048 and AES-1024 algorithms and, therefore, a private key (stored on remote servers controlled by cyber criminals) is required for decryption. To decrypt the files, victims must pay a ransom.The ransomware practises a completely distinct encryption method when compared to the rest of its peers. The encryption used by the ransomware is setup for the makers of lawbreaking software. The victims of these scams are usually the German citizens. So if your system has been infested by a ransomware, there is only one advice to you, just don’t pay the ransom.
Locky Virus is very common ransomware you deal with these days. If you can not deal with this on your own,
>> Click Here to Download MalwareBytes – Locky Virus Remval Tool <<
Why We Are Asking You to Not Pay the Ransom?
- If you agree to pay the ransom, you will be asked to login your account. If they have not already taken money from your account, they will gain the access to your bank accounts and steal money from it.
- There is no guarantee that paying up might recover your encrypted files. When you pay the money, the hackers grow tougher. They will develop an even tougher ransomware using your money.
- There is no valid motive for them to hold your files to you even on the payment of the ransom. But there is always a probability.
In case your files have been encoded by the locky virus, this means you’re in some grave danger. These viruses encode your files and render them useless for the user. Even if you remove the virus, the files won’t be recovered. So, you need to study some basic information about the virus before you try to deal with the virus. This article will tell you how to do a ‘locky datei’ recovery.
The First Stage of Locky Virus
When the virus enters your system, it starts encrypting your important files. This might take a couple of days depending upon the type of your hard disk drive. The virus keeps hiding from your eyes. But there are signs that might tell you that your system has been infested by some malicious program. Your PC’s performance has reached its all-time low. It takes too much of time to load a single window. The ransomware affects your system resources. So, if you are noticing that your system is performing poorly, then chances are that your system has been taken over by a ransomware. Ransomware even impersonates as windows software and programs, so if you’re seeing two similar windows at the same time, then terminate the process immediately and remove the associated files. You can even unplug your system from the mains and consult a cyber security expert.
What Are The Signs Of Locky Virus?
In case your files have by now been encoded, the hackers must have dropped a ransom note through virus. This will pressurize you and demand the payment of some amount in BitCoins. You will pay the money hoping that you will get the control of your system back in hands. But this will not happen, because:
- The money you provide them will make them even more efficient at their work.
- They will not guarantee the retrieval of your files.
- There is no point of giving up before even trying anything.
Paying the money should be considered the last option after trying every possible method to retrieve your files.
You Might Be Having Trojan Horse in Your System
It is likely that you might have installed the Locky virus in your system by mistake. But if your system already had Trojan, then it might have installed the ransomware in your system. Trojan horse virus is the leading propagating method of ransomware. Trojan horses that are used to propagate ransomware are similarly called as droppers. So, you must always have a reliable and genuine anti-spyware on your system.
Locky Virus Summary
|Symptoms||Slow PC performance, file encryption and ransom note|
|Distribution Method||Trojan horse ‘droppers’, email attachments, malicious websitesDetection Tool: It is difficult to track down the Locky Virus.
|Detection Tool||Locky Virus may be difficult to track down. UseMalwarebytes – a professional Locky Virus scanner – to make sure you find all files related to the infection.|
Before moving further its very important to understand that its bit difficult to do remove locky virus own it own. One wrong step can damage your whole system. You can loss your data so if you want to avoid that mess follow below:
>> Download MalwareByte – Locky Virus remover <<
Locky Virus Removal Guide
How To Remove The Locky Virus Ransomware Manually
- Restart your system in Safe Mode.
- Before doing anything, read the warning carefully. You have to mess with your important system files and erase some files. Deleting a wrong file can harm your system.
To remove locky virus, you may have to mess with registery & system files. Making a single mistake and deleting the wrong thing may corrupt your system.
To Avoid this use MalwareBytes – locky virus removal tool.
Show all the hidden files by going to the files and folder settings.
- Press the windows+R key simultaneously and type the following in the text box: notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts
- A new file open. But if you’re infected by the ransomware, then a pile of other IPs linked to you will be displayed at the bottommost end of the window.
- Their names would be somewhat like this:
- 127.0.0.1 184.108.40.206 #Locky – Ransomware
- 127.0.0.1 220.127.116.11 #Locky – Ransomware
- 127.0.0.1 18.104.22.168 #Locky – Ransomware
Some of the Locky’s new versions might use the other IP’s.
- Search for the msconfig in the search field. A new window will open.
- Go to the ‘Startup’ tab and uncheck the startup items with unknown as the manufacturer.
- Press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc at the same time. This will open the processes tab. Study the processes carefully and look for the ones that seems suspicious.
- If you think that there is a virus process running on your system, right click on the process and select the option ‘Open file location’. Terminate the process once you open the folder. Remove the directories you see in the folder.
- Search for Regedit in the search field. Press the Ctrl+F (find) keys together and type the virus’s name.
- Search for the related files to the ransomware and then remove them from your system.
- Now search for each of the following keywords in your search field:
- Remove all the files you find in the temp folder. The rest of the commands are just to check if anything is added recently to your computer.
- Look out for these files:
Now type Regedit in the search field and look out for the following registries.
- HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\Wallpaper
- Now the last step is the most difficult and crucial step. To decrypt the encrypted file by the Locky Virus Ransomware.