How To Get Rid Of FBI Ransomware Virus?
In this article, we will tell you how to get rid of FBI Virus. FBI virus became popular in 2012 after it tried to imitate FBI for extorting money from victims. Even today there are some ransomware in the United States, which pretend to be the FBI, but not with that much impact. Because now a day almost everyone is aware of the FBI virus in America so it has lost all its sheen. Once the people observe FBI Virus or its symptoms in a System, they remove it immediately.
What is FBI Virus And What Are Its Properties?
It is a Ransomware that, first of all, lock systems, then sends a warning to the victim saying it is from the FBI and his/her PC has been misused or involved in prohibitory activities. It asks the victim to make a payment for avoiding jail term or penalties from the FBI and the system will be unlocked only on this condition.
The FBI virus makes unwanted changes to a system. E.g. it adds new file extensions, change filenames and encrypts files on a computer. The sole aim of causing these changes to the system is to make victim pay a hefty fee as Ransom.
FBI Virus- Evolution
FBI virus has been distributed in the USA since 2012. Since then, the developers have made several changes in the virus to bypass the advanced security cover of computers. The version that is being distributed today in the USA is very different from that of the one discovered in 2012. To regain its lost sheen, developers have changed its character of restricting access to user’s PC into deleting, storing and encrypting files in a password locked archive.
Now the attacker holds files on the computer and demands Ransom. Now it promises the victim a path to decrypt or decode encrypted or password –locked content unlike of its 2012 edition.
The FBI virus has many variants which use the FBI logo to pretend to be the FBI.
What You Can Do If FBI Virus Attacks Your System
If a Ransomware has locked your PC and it pretends to be from the FBI, you don’t need to get panicked because it is not FBI in real but a computer virus that locks computers to demand ransom.
You should keep in mind that FBI doesn’t resort to any such procedure of locking a computer or corrupting the data on it.
If FBI penetrates into your PC, it will lock your system, and you will see a full-screen window displaying a fake FBI message.
The message claims that the victim’s PC was used for carrying out an illegal activity and now for avoiding jail or penalty, the victim needs to pay a fine.
The FBI Ransomware directs the user to make payment via Ultimate Gaming Cards, MoneyPak cards, UKash, vouchers and REloadit etc.
Should You Really Pay Ransom For Unlocking Your System?
The attackers may threaten victim to destroy or distribute his/her PC data to any third party which may panic victim. The victim feels scared and decides to pay Ransom but that will not bring a solution to this problem. This boosts the confidence of attackers and they carry out more and more such attacks. Second, it can’t be said with surety that the attackers will unlock your system after paying Ransom. They may blackmail you for more money. The best solution to fix this problem is to install a decryptor for decoding encrypted files.
FBI Virus Removal Guide
- Download & Install a powerful anti-malware (Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software) to detect and eliminate Ransomware from your PC.
- Open Malwarebytes Scan your Computer with the anti-malware.
- Click on ‘Remove Selected’ button after the completion of the scan.
- Now click on Finish to conclude the scan process
- Clean up your computer by CCleaner, remove junk files and repair your registry
- Reset the settings of your computer and then restart your PC
- That is all you need to do to remove FBI Ransomware from PC via automatic method
WARNING! READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING!
Before moving further its very important to understand that its bit difficult to process own its own which is coming up next. One wrong step can damage your whole pc. You can loss your data so if you want to avoid that mess follow below:
>> Download MalwareByte – .zepto File virus remover.
How To Remove FBI Virus Manually?
- Start your Computer and go to the System Menu
- Enter %appdata% in search field and click on Enter
- Eliminate ctfmon
- Open Windows Start Menu once again and enter the %userprofile % in the search
- Click on Enter
- Now visit Appdata\Local\Temp
- Remove exe,[random].mof , and V.class.
- The names of these virus files may be different but will appear with the same style of markup.
- There may be two more virus files, i.e. of file and V. class.
- The elimination of these files will fix FBI Moneypak.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to access Windows Task Manager to remove rogue FBI Moneypak process.
Remove FBI Virus Registry Values
To FBI virus, you may have to mess with registery & system files. Making a single mistake and deleting the wrong thing may corrupt your system.
To Avoid this use MalwareBytes – .FBI Virus Removal Tool.
The Next step is to remove FBI Virus registry values. Enter the following regedits one by one in the Windows start menu and click on Enter
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FBI Moneypak Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System ‘DisableRegistryTools’ = 0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system ‘EnableLUA’ = 0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings ‘WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect’ = 0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System ‘DisableRegedit’= 0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FBI Moneypak Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ‘Inspector’
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\FBI Moneypak Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System ‘DisableTaskMgr’ = 0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\protector.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Inspector %AppData%\Protector-[rnd].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect 0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings\ID 4
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings\UID [rnd]
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Settings\net [date of installation]
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system\ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin 0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system\ConsentPromptBehaviorUser 0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system\EnableLUA 0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\AAWTray.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\AAWTray.exe\Debugger svchost.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\AVCare.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\AVCare.exe\Debugger svchost.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\AVENGINE.EXE
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\AVENGINE.EXE\Debugger svchost.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegistryTools” = 0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = 0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system “ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin” = 0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system “ConsentPromptBehaviorUser” = 0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system “EnableLUA” = 0
Some Virus Files That Enhance The Functions Of FBI Moneypak
It is very important to trace and get rid of the below mentioned virus files from the computer if you want to get rid of FBI Moneypak completely.
- %Program Files%\FBI Moneypak Virus
- %Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Application Data\[random].exe
- %Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Desktop\[random].lnk
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Application Data\FBI Moneypak Virus
- %CommonStartMenu%\Programs\FBI Moneypak Virus.lnk
- %UserProfile%\Desktop\FBI Moneypak Virus.lnk
The FBI virus changes the settings of your computer. This step is to restore the settings of the Computer- The procedure is as follows
- Go to the Windows start menu and enter rstrui.exe in search field
- Click on Enter
- Follow the instructions given in Window’s Restore Wizard.
- Now start Menu Restore followed by Menu System Restore
- Click All Programs in start Menu.
- Open Accessories>> click System Tools >> Restore
- If prompted, provide confirmation or password
- Now follow instructions on screen to restore your computer